Frequently Asked Questions
[su_spoiler title=”What can a designer do for me?” style=”fancy”]The designers at Chi can help in so many ways…
We can help you furnish one room in your home within your budget and your style.
Or, we can help you begin the process of building a new house, all the way through selection and completion of the finishing touches that make a house your home.
Many times we’ll help a client with one small project, maybe selecting new window blinds or shades, and once they see the benefit of consulting with Chi’s Interior Designers, continue step by step working on each room of their home to create a unified space.[/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title=”How is Chi different?” style=”fancy”] At Chi, we are not only skilled Interior Designers, but we can act as the General Contractor on your project. We can take your remodel idea and manage it from concept to completion.
[su_spoiler title=”What is Chi‘s process?” style=”fancy”]We like to make sure each and every client is a good fit. After a consultation to understand the extent of your project, we will put together a Letter of Agreement. This document will spell out the Scope of Work involved in your project as well as what you can expect from us, and what we expect from you. After that the design process begins!
We will work with our trusted sub-contractors to bring together an estimate for your project. Whether it is a bedspread and pillows or a full-house remodel with an addition. It can take a few days, or in some instances, a few months to gather the information for a comprehensive proposal.
[su_spoiler title=”This sounds expensive, is it?” style=”fancy”]It is our goal to help you understand the value and the cost of the work you want done to establish a realistic budget. In the end, one of the most important questions we can ask you is: What kind of investment would you like to make in this project?
At this point, we will receive a retainer to begin the design process. Chi’s years of experience and years of connections and resources means we will work with trusted vendors, suppliers and subcontractors to find the best service, product and price that enables us to stay within your budget.
[su_spoiler title=”Does Chi work in a particular Interior Design style?” style=”fancy”]No, at Chi we work in the style that is the best fit for each client. If you take time on our site to peruse our portfolio’s many style options, you’ll see one that complements your taste and design sensibility.[/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title=”How long will it take?” style=”fancy”]It all depends on the scope and complexity of the individual project:
• Blinds typically take 3 weeks from order to install
• Carpet can be installed 3 weeks from ordering in most cases
• Bedding will take 4–6 weeks from ordering fabric to finished bedding, drapes, pillows, etc.
• A custom sofa will take anywhere from 6–8 weeks to 12–14 weeks, depending on the company we select and the time of year it is purchased
• Case goods (anything built from wood) can be shipped quickly if available, or can take several months if built to custom specifications
• A bathroom remodel can take 4–6 weeks after all the finishes and fixtures have been purchased and are on site. This will depend on the complexity of the job
• A kitchen remodel can take as little as 6 weeks, or up to 3 months after all finishes and fixtures are on site, depending on the complexity of the job
• Accessories are available in our showroom and can be purchased off the showroom floor. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title=”Can we trust your subs in our house?” style=”fancy”]Absolutely! We only use licensed, bonded and insured subcontractors and we check their insurance every year. Chi has had long, working relationships with most of our subs and we check in on them often during every project.[/su_spoiler]